Tuesday, April 25, 2006

Weekend

I had a fairly busy weekend somehow. When I tell you what I did, you'll be amazed that it filled out a whole weekend, but if you include all the times I got lost while trying to find various shops and then when I couldn't find the car in the carpark it all adds up.

On Saturday morning I visited "Pike Place Market" which is a fairly well-known landmark in Seattle (I hadn't heard of it either!). It started as a fish market and has an amazingly eclectic collection of shops. Then on Saturday and Sunday I visited various shopping malls and did some shopping. Dave wanted to buy some pressies for his family and he was only over last weekend, so I've got all my shopping out of the way early. I bought some books (a birthday present from Mum and Dad - thanks!), some jeans and some presents for my girls.

By the way, here's a photo from the airport when the girls were seeing me off :)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Glen
What a great photo of Trish, Hannah and Emily. We are really enjoying your well-written and humorous blogs. There could be a career in journalism for you yet. Perhaps even a travel writer (Dad will come with you!) We were amazed to find that Seattle is about 48 degrees North of the equator. That's further than the south tip of New Zealand and not much closer than the Falkland Islands. It's a sunny 19 degrees Celsius at 37 degrees south at the moment. We're laying bricks in the billiard room doorway, and Mum is knitting socks!
Love you lots - Mum and Dad

Glen McGregor said...

Yeah, it should be a lot colder than it is given the location. I should count my blessings! It's another lovely day today.

Are you bricking up the billiard room door?

Maybe dad can do the travel and I can do the writing :)