Tuesday, April 25, 2006

Car


One of the guys here at work has loaned me his car for the time I'm here. He's obviously a very generous guy and it's made a huge difference in terms of what I am able to do (public transport being almost non-existent). It's been very handy. I've been driving it around and haven't yet forgotten to drive on the wrong side of the road! Although I always have to double-check which side of the car to get into and I keep hitting the door reaching for the gearstick!


While I'm talking about cars, you should see the size of the cars over here. I'd say 20% of all vehicles are massively oversized compared to cars in Australia. Here's a great example of the kind of thing you see scattered through supermarket carparks. It's absolutely massive!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I was stunned when I saw those vehicles in the US too. Huge! What the heck do they need all that vehicle for? Why not get an actual truck?

I saw a F250 last weekend in Leongatha. It didn't fit in the parking spot it was in - oh, the wheels almost did, but then you've got the nose, and the tail. So the front was poking into the next parknig space and the tail was poking into the bus zone. "Screw 'em both," he must have figured.

Compare and contrast to our Festiva...

Glen McGregor said...

I totally agree. I don't even see how it'd be enjoyable to drive something that large. Imagine parking!