Friday, April 21, 2006

The food

The food here is very rich. I mean very rich. I am really craving some plain food that isn't covered in dressing, cheese, sugar or all of the former! Every coffee shop has tons of donuts and pastrys and everything is sugar coated. I seriously don't understand how anybody here can be slim.

A couple of unrelated food incidents:

I went to the supermarket to buy some breakfast supplies. Wandering among the aisles of unfamiliar food I saw Special K! I was stoked to see something that I knew I would like. To my surprise, this was not Special K as I know it. It was frosted with sugar and was incredibly sweet.

Yesterday for lunch I went to a Thai restaurant with some of my colleagues. I had Massaman Beef curry and it was delicious. I only managed to eat about 1/4 of it and was very full.

Today I felt like something light. I went to a Deli and saw they had Chicken salad sandwich. Fantastic. What I got was a sandwich with chicken (good so far), lettuce, pickles (not what I was expecting for salad!) and a huge amount of mayonnaise.

I'm finding it hard to predict what I'm going to get when I order/buy food. It's kind of weird.

No comments: