Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Bike mechanic win!

In previous posts I talked about trying to find a good bike mechanic. I tried both Kennedys and Cecil Walkers with no success but I've finally found a quality shop.

Abbotsford Cycles is under Richmond station on Swan Street. They don't sell bikes, only repair them which is unusual, but you know they're going to focus on doing good repairs. When I took it in I had a chat to Leon, one of the mechanics and he amazed me with his knowledge and experience. He predicted a number of issues (like delamination of the crank bearing cups) that turned out to be true and he picked up a bunch of problems that all other bike shops hadn't even noticed.

Throughout the process he kept me informed with what he was doing and gave me lots of choices in the repairs. He offered three different choices for crank bearings and the shop has a brilliant stock of spare parts. It ended up costing less than I expected considering how much time and effort they spent on the bike.

I picked up my bike and it is running beautifully. I am so incredibly happy with the service. Big thumbs up Abbotsford cycles!

1 comment:

bike mechanic said...

Customer relations should be part of bike mechanic training, as bike mechanic will deal with customers in determining problems they are having with their equipment.