Wednesday, October 05, 2005

John Dies at the End

I've been debating whether to post this or not. I (obviously) decided I would, but not without reservation.

Here's a link to an online novel called "John Dies at the End" (or JDatE) that has been published in installments over the last number of years.

It's quite an odd story and has some quite disturbing/scary bits in it. I was almost having nightmares around the middle bit there. But at the same time, the storytelling style and plot twists are simply fantastic and this guy's got an amazing imagination.

For example, here's a quote:
I was wondering if I should warn the girl about John's coffee, which tasted like a cup of battery acid someone had pissed in and then cursed at for several hours.

Now that's just weird. But at the same time, I love the writing style. Maybe I'm weird. I mean, how can coffee taste worse just by having someone yell at it?

So, if you've got nothing better to do, go check it out. But don't come and complain to me that it's really weird.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I thought I was the only one who really appreciated that quote..