Thursday, June 02, 2005

O2 Xda II Mini Part II

Last time I talked about my O2 XdaII Mini.

I'm pretty comfortable with my use of it. The 'Today' screen shows my upcoming appointments, any messages and my tasks. To display the tasks, I've installed a Today plugin called Task Plus. It shows tasks with more information than the standard task view. It also shows battery status.

I've also written some applications. One is a 'game' manager. I use it for playing Magic: The Gathering. It keeps track of the amount of damage I and my opponent has taken. It's a great app because I'm likely to have my phone with my and it saves having to write on paper or use beads.

The other is a budget. It keeps track of how much money I'm spending, which I find useful. It actually stores the data in a SQL database on the device!

The best app I've seen is one my friend Dave wrote. It's a scorecard for frisbee golf. Again, it saves having to carry a pen and paper around.

No comments: